Friday, April 3, 2009

Feeling Restless

I've been in a much better place emotionally in the past couple of days than I've been in awhile. This is a very good thing.

At the same time...I'm restless. I've been feeling restless for awhile now, but that feeling seems to be following me more and more closely every day. Last night, I went to bed just before 1am. I think it took me two hours to fall asleep. I just couldn't calm down. When I finally did sleep, I had crazy, intense, vivid dreams. I woke up with my heart racing, feeling very disoriented because my dreams felt so very real.

I've decided I need to do something about this. So today, since I'm actually in a great mood (it's sunny and simply beautiful outside) and I have some energy, I'm going to attempt to be creative. We'll see how well this actually works.

9 comments:

Colleen said...

When I get restless I leave town... or at least pretend I can!

Lyss said...

Ha, and guess what I'm doing over Easter weekend? :) Great minds think alike, apparently. ;)

Colleen said...

Ooh where?

Lyss said...

Chicago tomorrow and Friday, and then St. Louis Saturday and Sunday...I'm taking the megabus down and then flying back Monday morning in time for work Monday night. :)

Colleen said...

Sweet, your own trip! Going alone?

Lyss said...

Yep! I'm in Chicago now, actually. :) Staying with friends of the family while I'm here...in St. Louis I'm visiting my best friend from high school. So...traveling alone, but it's not really a solo trip. ;)

Colleen said...

http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/06/320-making-purple-11-ways-to-stop-camp.html

This was awesome. I have not thought about purple in far too long! I think I've broken that rule by now... ;)

Anonymous said...

not for this entry in particular, but i have enjoyed reading your blog and about your perspective of life.
x

Lyss said...

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!